Acceleration to 0-100 km/h for the BMW 335i is 5.5 seconds, almost as fast as the E46 generation BMW M3 Coupé. Using high-precision direct petrol injection, an all aluminium engine and a pair of turbo-chargers, each assigned to force-feed three cylinders, the 335i shows that BMW has a regained faith in turbocharging its 3 series.
BMW uses low inertia turbos which spool up much faster than conventional units. The Twin Turbo engine is 70 kg lighter than a comparably powerful 4.0-litre eight-cylinder engine. The lightweight engine ensures the BMW 3 Series Coupé will retain BMW’s 50/50 weight distribution perfecting the 335i’s handling and balance.
The 335i Coupé will be available in both six-speed manual and six-speed automatic transmission guise. The most powerful regular production 3 Series ever (not including the specialist M3 models) will be priced from $108,500 as a manual and $111,100 as an automatic.Uniquely available to automatic transmission models of the BMW 335i Coupé is the option for steering wheel mounted shift paddles. These alloy-finished shifters are priced at $200.
The 335i Coupé standard specification includes :
- larger front and rear brakes,
- Sport Suspension,
- 18-inch light alloy wheels,
- Park Distance Control PDC front and rear,
- front seat lumbar adjustment,
- BMW Professional Navigation with 8.8-inch colour monitor and TV and Voice Recognition functions,
- HiFi loudspeaker system,
- High Beam Assist and Adaptive Headlights.
- Bi-Xenon headlamps,
- LED tail lights,
- premium Dakota leather upholstery,
- BMW Business navigation system with colour monitor,
- six-stacker CD player,
- sport seats with electric adjustment and two memory settings for the driver,
- automatic climate control,and extended lights package for interior illumination,
- cruise control with brake function,
- Bluetooth mobile phone preparation.
This year BMW has sold more than 250,000 3 Series Sedans underlining its success as the world’s best compact sports luxury sedan.BMW expects the new 3 Series Coupé will follow in the wheel tracks of its exceptionally successful E46 model, which sold more than 460,000 examples over its seven-year model life.
“The BMW Coupé, especially in Twin Turbo 335i guise, will rewrite the rules for compact, athletic sporting cars,” Tom Noble, General Manager, Marketing at BMW Group Australia says.2006 BMW 3 Series Coupé.
Model Transmission Price In Showrooms
323i M $69,900 December
323i A $72,500 December
325i M $81,500 October
325i A $84,100 October
335i M $108,500 October
335i A $111,100 October