Marussia SUV proposal





I recently participated in the competition organized by the Marussia brand (http://marussiaclub.ru/). The brief was to design an SUV based on the Audi Q7 dimentions (http://marussiaclub.blogspot.com/ - that's only in Russian, unfortunately).

I actually decided to enter the competition at the last moment,- the deadline was postponed so I thought that I probably need to propose something too. So here I have 4 views of the SUV. The car had to look pretty sporty for Marussia is a sportscar manufacturer. So that's why my basic idea was to make the car look muscular but still elegant with the features of a sportscar. The intakes in the front are heavily influenced by that type of vehicles; some accent was put on the wheelarches that are sticking out a bit giving the impression of confidence and some kind of aggression.

It didn't work out at the end of the day,- my project didn't make it in the top-3.
;-)))
I congratulate the winners - Mihail Popov, Andrej Trofimchuk and Vasilij Kanevsky (www.car-sketching.blogspot.com) - and wish them to participate in the further development of the car. Good luck, guys!!

P.S.
I should admit that the sideview that I post here's a bit different to the one I sent,- I fixed the overhangs and couple of lines. It's definetely become better! I just wish I did that before uploading the entry and not after that. The previous variant was reviewed by D.Zyubyairov

0 comments:

Post a Comment